Sunday, February 1, 2009

jmarienthal_reflections1

oops I hit the wrong key this is the real blog,

Good morning Mrs. Eilts,
The most useful concept from our last class was the website CAST.ORG. I hope to return to China in the next year or two and open an adult English school. This will be my retirement job. It also may be sooner than I wished because I just got an unsatisfactory evaluation from my principal. He came in watched me work with a small group for 40 minutes and debriefed me later in the day.
What I want to get out of the class are ways to use computers to do a better job with differentiated instruction for all our students. It is particularly important because the district that I am in is the wave of the future. It is the model of full inclusion where eventually there will a minimum of special education teachers. The general education teacher will have the major burden of servicing all the students in one setting. We have no pull-out classes where I work and we desparately need some pull-out classes. Since I am venting my anger in this writing I will also mention benchmark testing as another misapplied evil.

See you on Wed.

1 comment:

Sharon Eilts said...

Hi John,

Well, it seems that your quest this semester is how to become a resource for your regular ed. colleagues so that they can differentiate and support special needs learners effectively given their circumstances.

Sharon